Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is currently hiring for the following positions:
Director of Programs
Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is seeking a visionary, dynamic, and innovative Director of Programs to design and lead arts education programming and create new opportunities for young people through the arts. S/he focuses on the outreach and cultivation of partnerships with artists, the education community, and arts community to maximize the positive impact of CAL programs and services on teaching and learning. S/he strengthens the organization’s leadership role in the field of arts education and works closely with the executive director to realize annual and long-term goals of CAL. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, assessment, and evaluation of all CAL programs and special projects.
- Develop new program initiatives and collaborations to meet community needs.
- Cultivate, initiate, and respond to arts education opportunities with schools, districts, and other non-profit and community organizations.
- Oversee, professionally develop, and evaluate department staff of eight; hire consultants as needed.
- Ensure CAL artist roster reflects the organizational goals for high quality, diversity, and community needs.
- Lead efforts for research and evaluation.
- Create and track budgets to meet financial goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager in the creation and maintenance of promotional materials such as the CAL Resource Guide, newsletter articles, website content, and program-related brochures.
- Represent CAL at meetings, conferences, and marketing events.
- Ensure the compilation of programs statistics and financial data on all programs and use information in decision making.
- Initiate projects and work with development to seek funds. Oversee final programming reports to funders.
- Promote support and visibility for CAL through active participation in the local arts education community.
- Work with the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and other advisory entities to ensure that education goals are met.
- Create and implement policies and procedures for education department and roster artists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six or more years of work experience in arts, arts education, and management.
- Willing to take strategic risks; innovative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills; able to handle heavy work flow and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of research and evaluation
- Knowledge of NE Ohio arts and education communities a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
Salary and Benefits:
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Resume and cover letter only to:
Center for Arts-Inspired Learning
10917 Magnolia Drive
Cleveland, OH 44106
The Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is an equal opportunity employer.