Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is currently seeking applicants for 2 positions: ArtWorks Manager and Marketing Manager
The Center for Arts-Inspired Learning operates a year-round arts-based youth development program called ArtWorks, with 200 teen participants annually. The ArtWorks Manager oversees the entire ArtWorks program and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the summer and after-school sessions, maintaining open communication and collaboration with Center for Arts-Inspired Learning staff, professional artists, teen apprentices, parents, schools, funders and supporting partners.
ArtWorks takes place off site at community locations. The program operates year-round in three separate sessions: After- school sessions operate for 12 weeks September – December, and February – May, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30PM – 730PM; the Summer session operates at two sites downtown, for 6 weeks, June – July, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 6 pm. Some Saturdays and evenings are required for all sessions.
The Manager works closely with CAL administrative staff, professional teaching artists and teen-age apprentices. Apprentice co-ops are diverse in art form, are required to collaborate among co-ops, and include a community service component that emphasizes entrepreneurship. The ArtWorks Manager reports to the CAL Director of Programs.
- Oversees the recruitment, interviewing and hiring process for apprentices and teaching artists for each session to ensure broad access to the program.
- Manages the daily operations of ArtWorks.
- Works closely with Development staff and Executive Director to maintain ongoing financial support.
- Adheres to the vision of ArtWorks as a youth development program.
- Monitors and evaluates teaching artists to ensure program goals of college and career readiness.
- Works closely with schools and districts to effectively track and report on youth outcomes as related to academics, college attainment and opportunities for employment.
- Coordinates multiple program events within ArtWorks – open houses, culminating events.
- Advocates for ArtWorks in the community and develops new collaborations and partnerships to increase quality of outcomes, stakeholder awareness and brand visibility.
- Communicates important updates and information among apprentices, artists, parents, the public, and CAL.
- Monitors and supports program-wide adherence to ArtWorks policies and procedures.
- Supervises and documents the security and safety of the ArtWorks site, materials, and participants.
- Develops, distributes, and collects ArtWorks information for marketing.
- Participates in and directs ongoing program evaluation and reports.
- Assists and manages additional programs and/or initiatives as necessary.
- Contributes to CAL mission through organization-wide activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, with minimum of 4 years experiences in arts, education, and/or youth development.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation abilities.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication
- Creative problem solver with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in event coordination, complex schedule management, and leadership of young adults.
- Proficient user of PC’s, including Microsoft Office, Publisher, Photoshop, and database management.
Salary will be commensurate with that of similar organizations and the ability and experience of candidate. CAL provides a benefit package for all fulltime employees.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Obertacz Director of Programs:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all promotional activities of Center for Arts-Inspired Learning (CAL), with the goal of raising awareness for CAL to impact the programmatic and fundraising activities. The efforts are to be coordinated with the annual and long-term organizational goals of the Board of Directors. S/he, as primary liaison and spokesperson for CAL to the media, is responsible for designing and implementing all efforts to introduce, publicize and establish relationships within the community with the goal expanding the mission of CAL. S/he reports directly to the executive director. Position is full time.
- Implement a strategic program that informs the public of the mission and services of CAL and increases general awareness for CAL.
- Assures that all aspects of public image of CAL are creatively, professionally and consistently presented, insuring a branding of CAL that is appropriate to its goals and objectives.
- Work with the Marketing and Fundraising Committee of the Board to develop and implement new marketing strategies and techniques. Develop an annual and long-term marketing plan.
- Work with the Education Department to ensure that annual program goals for earned income and contributed income programming are met.
- Strategize with development director/special events volunteers on fundraising events and other community events, to increase attendance and support.
- Oversee the design, production and writing of all promotional materials, including annual report, brochures, program guide, newsletters, press releases, website, social media, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate photo images are available for promotional materials.
- Conduct market research as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of marketing/PR.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to achieve goals of marketing strategy.
- Cultivate relationships with members of the media community.
- Coordinate Marketing and Fundraising Committee meetings with the director of development.
- Other duties and tasks as needed.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills. Strong analytical abilities.
- Five years PR/Marketing or related experience preferred
- Strong leadership, written and verbal communication, organizational, problem-solving, and teamwork skills.
- Enthusiastic, high energy individual; someone who takes initiative, is creative.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of the Center for Arts-Inspired Learning.
- Outgoing nature and willingness to engage directly with stakeholders in the solicitation of gifts and to support the fundraising efforts of others.
Salary & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits
Resume and cover letter only to: Executive Director, Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, 13110 Shaker Square, Cleveland, OH 44120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is an equal employment opportunity employer.