Ali McClain has been writing and performing poetry for over 10 years. She has a B.A. in English and a M.A. in English, language and literature. Her educational and youth work includes teaching composition and African American literature at Chancellor University, volunteering at detention centers in both Toledo and Cleveland, teaching spoken word poetry at Playhouse Square, serving as a guest artist and judge for Cleveland Heights Library’s poetry slam, and working with various organizations (The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum) on how to use poetry and the arts in the classroom and after school programs.
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning announces grand opening of its creative arts center in Glenville
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning receives NEA Big Read grant for 2018-’19
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning announces opening of Inspiration Center
- Women on the Move’s Cleveland tour will stop at ArtWorks on April 26
- Spring 2018 ArtWorks session begins