Mama Fasi (Linda Thomas – Jones) is “The Drum Woman,” an accomplished musical director and teacher of more than 40 years and one of the nation’s foremost female African percussionists. Mama Fasi’s journey began with a major in fine arts at Case Western Reserve University, and various performance arts centers in the greater Cleveland area, New York City, and abroad. She received a Fulbright Fellowship from the Gestalt Institute to study dance and drumming in Ghana, West Africa. Today, she is a music educator with the Cuyahoga Board of Mental Retardation and Disabilities and provides teacher training for Ohio music educators and presented musical workshops and school assemblies through the Ohio Arts Council.
Mama Fasi (Linda Thomas-Jones
- The Sound of My Own Drum
- NEA Big Read Cleveland announces public programming
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning announces grand opening of its creative arts center in Glenville
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning receives NEA Big Read grant for 2018-’19
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning announces opening of Inspiration Center
- Women on the Move’s Cleveland tour will stop at ArtWorks on April 26