Rafique Watson is a veteran sample based music producer seeking to preserve the sonic and cultural integrity of Hip-Hop. Mr. Watson desires to introduce prospective students to the original process of creating hip-hop music through sampling music from various genres, allowing students to create their own original compositions. He has been involved in creating hip hop music for twelve years and has been in the field of education for five. His program is designed to help young people have an appreciation for all musical forms, enjoy the artistic and creative process of musical composition, as well as to generate a social discussion based on the history and evolution of hip hop culture.
- Something from Nothing: The Art of Sample-Based Hip Hop Music Production
- Fall 2019 Updates at CAL
- CAL partners to develop and launch Ohio Teaching Artist Roster
- NEA Big Read Cleveland announces public programming
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning announces grand opening of its creative arts center in Glenville
- Center for Arts-Inspired Learning receives NEA Big Read grant for 2018-’19