Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Studio 105 Afterschool Arts Club Internship
Founded in 1953, Center for Arts-Inspired Learning (CAL) is NE Ohio’s leading arts education organization. With a budget of $1.9 million, CAL provides more than 6,500 programs to youth each year in schools, libraries, and other community centers. Working with artists in music, dance, theater, visual and digital arts, CAL delivers programs that teach arts disciplines and are integrated into the core curriculum.
CAL is seeking an individual with youth experience to support after-school arts programming at our Studio 105 programming space located at 1470 E. 105th Street. This position will support the program manager and CAL teaching artists during our afterschool program.
12 - 20 hours per week, CMSD School Year (Fall Semester: September 2019 – December 2019, Spring Semester: January 2020 – May 2020; preference given to candidates who can commit to full school year)
*Must be available Monday – Thursday afternoons, 2:30 - 5:30pm
This is an unpaid internship.
- Supervise everyday activities and prepare daily end-of-day reports.
- Assist teaching artists with facilitating arts activities and keeping participants on-task.
- Design engaging student activities and ensure inclusion of educational and social emotional objectives.
- Provide homework assistance to youth in grades K-8.
Cultivate relationships with after-school families and community members.
- Collaborate with School and Community Partnership Associate to develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions, in collaboration with School and Community Partnerships Associate, to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Assist in planning and attend end-of-semester family engagement event.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Ability to collaborate and work well as part of a team.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Interest in arts programming.
- Training in trauma-informed care.
- Experience in program management, youth development, and/or community-based work.
Please direct questions and submit statement of interest to: Megan Thompson, Senior Programs Manager, email@example.com
Center for Arts-Inspired Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.